To achieve meaningful results with social media marketing, you must understand the profile of your target audience and what they like and dislike. By understanding their motivations in engaging with your brand, you can tailor your social media strategy to ensure you are delivering the right message to the right audience at the right time. Having a cohesive and thoughtful strategy behind your social media is essential to success.
We’ve outlined 6 tips for creating or improving your social media strategy. Check it out below:
- Research and identify your target audience: You can’t market a product or service strategically without knowing who to market it to. With in-depth research, you can build a customer profile and understand what your audience likes, dislikes, where they visit online, what time they visit online, how much they make, what kind of education they have and more.
- Utilize hashtags: Utilize free online resources like Instavast to find the best hashtags that will help get your content categorized and featured in front of the right audience. Hashtags can help your content get found by new users who may like and/or buy from you once they learn about your product or brand.
- Use geo-location check-ins when possible: Whether you are posting content on Snapchat, Facebook or Instagram, utilize each platform’s local check-in functionality. This will help your brand and individual post be discovered by new audiences.
- Create a social media brand guide: This should outline your slogan, proper logo usage, correct brand colors, key messages you want to use and want to stay away from.
- Don’t post too many sales messages/images: It’s important to stick to storytelling on social media. We often advise our clients to use the 80/20 strategy. Publish and promote lifestyle and storytelling content 80% of the time and keep the hard-selling pitches and content to 20% total of your content creation.
- Be authentic and focus on real people, problems and the solutions your product/service provides:
Social media is a powerful marketing tool that when used effectively, can turn a small business into a budding brand and global company! The key is to understand how to implement social media platforms into your work and engage with target audiences in an authentic and efficient way.
Savory PR is a boutique public relations and digital marketing firm that can develop and maintain a cohesive social media strategy for your brand or business that leverages the power of social media and boosts your brand engagement, drives traffic to your website, and turns visitors into customers. Contact us via email at Samantha@Savory-PR.com to learn more about our services and schedule a complimentary consultation today!